Thursday, April 9, 2015

The Big Time


Clare wanted us to see Valpo play at U of W in Madison so we could get “The Big Ten Experience.”  Well, I will say it was the first time we ever paid for parking to a college softball game.

For some reason, the (Lady?) Badgers play in a complex named for two guys.  The stands seat 1600 give or take, with 275 people showing up yesterday.  Either they counted passerby to reach that figure, or some folks dressed as aluminum seats. 

Valpo lost both games, though not for lack of effort.  The Crusaders actually jumped out to an early lead in game one on a two-run homer.  I can only hope that irritated the Wisconsin coach, who used to be the Loyola coach when Clare attended high school camps there trying to impress her.  But no dive my daughter did or ball she hit to the fence impressed the woman sufficiently, so that Valpo shot was a nice bit of revenge for me if not Clare.

This was also my first game dealing with an aggressive school mascot.  Bucky Badger wandered over to steal Michele’s purse, but he gave it back.  I bet no wolverine would be as nice.
.   

No comments:

Post a Comment