Saturday, July 25, 2020

Thanks, But No Thanks


I woke up yesterday morning to find that 202 on my Comcast dial is now broadcasting the Marquee Network.  Funny, but nobody asked me.

 

Nobody asked me if I wanted Cubs’ baseball included on my monthly cable bill.  In an a-la-carte world, I wouldn’t be paying for something I didn’t want to watch.  But I don’t get to choose my cable channels, only my bundle of channels.  And that would be why, exactly?

 

My guess is that Comcast/Xfinity figures non-Cub fans like me will get all fatalistic and just shrug off the new bill as part of life with cable, a death-and-taxes kind of thing, while Cub fans will be ecstatic to see their boys in blue.  Enjoy it now, North Siders.

 

Then come back to me in November, December, January and February, after you’ve had your fill of sports-betting shows and Ryan Dempster.  Then tell me what a bargain Marquee is.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment