Monday, August 22, 2022

Tell Us What You Think

Surprise! We have Peacock, the streaming service that was supposed to broadcast yesterday’s White Sox-Guardians’ game, only it rained. Peacock’s notion of keeping viewers informed was to show a camera feed, without comment, hour after hour. Finally, after about three hours, the game was called. That’s when Jason Benetti and Steve Stone popped up to provide a little human interaction. A few hours later, I went on MLB.com to check on the Rangers-Twins’ score, which triggered a request by MLB to take a survey. It was all about COVID and platforms, how safe I feel at the ballpark and how I watch games. When they asked what concerned me most, I answered the length of ballgames. Did I mention they wanted to know if I’d made a purchase in the past week using Venmo? Because that’s the future of the national pastime, not me and my penchant for snappy gametimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment