Sunday, July 30, 2023

The Power

Oh, the power of the pen. After I criticized Jake Burger and Andrew Vaughn the other day, they both go on a tear. Burger had a stretch of four home runs in three games while Vaughn had a homer and two RBIs in the White Sox 7-2 win over the Guardians last night. And, yes, there’s more. Tim Anderson and Yoan Moncada, just a day after I ripped them in the extreme, both responded. Anderson collected three hits, including his first homer of the season, last night, and Moncada had two RBIs. Of course, it’s possible so many of the Sox have gone so cold for so long some of them had to come out of it eventually and I just happened to pick the right ones. I’ll stick with the powerful-pen explanation. Meanwhile, down at Double-A Birmingham, Ky Bush debuted for his new organization. The twenty-three year old lefty, part of the deal with the Angels for Lucas Giolito, went 3.1 innings, giving up seven earned runs on twelve hits. Ky, I will now subject you to the power of my pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment