Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Not Good But--

On a good day, I’m a White Sox fan who doesn’t like the owner or the ballpark he built on the public’s dime or the manager he rammed down everyone’s throat; I’m not a big fan of the general manager, either. Just imagine how I feel about things in the midst of an eight-game losing streak. Dallas Keuchel started last night and lasted all of four innings. Signing Keuchel to three years is on GM Rick Hahn; so is acquiring reliever Kyle Crick. Those two managed eight walks between them in a 6-0 loss to the visiting Royals. While I’m at it, what is pitching coach Ethan Katz doing to earn his paycheck? We’re not talking a string of 2-1 losses here. Sox pitching has pretty much stunk. Ditto the hitting. Add the batting averages of Josh Harrision and Leury Garcia, and you come up with .195. Somewhere, Mario Mendoza wants his reputation back. Again, this falls on Hahn. He re-signed Garcia to a three-year deal while getting Harrison to play second base. Happiness for an opposing pitcher is seeing both Harrison and Garcia starting in the lineup that day. Now tell me what hitting coach Frank Menechino is doing to earn his paycheck. Everybody keeps saying it’s early, the Sox will turn it around. I hope so because, if they don’t, I’m going to need something else to fill up those summer hours, and I rather it not be football related.

No comments:

Post a Comment