Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Past My Bedtime

I watched the White Sox blow a six-run lead in the ninth inning against the Guardians last night; load the bases in the bottom of the ninth without scoring; tie the game in the tenth, then load the bases with one out but failing to score the winning run. I saw Josh Naylor’s grand slam against Liam Hendriks in the ninth only to miss his three-run shot against Ryan Burr in the eleventh. Guardians 12, Sox 9. Manager Tony La Russa called it a “brutal loss” without going into specifics. Me, I’m pointing fingers at Hendriks (giving up a single before the homer); Tim Anderson (two more errors, one in the ninth); and Yoan Moncada (getting right into the swing of things with an error of his own in the ninth). It’s not for Hendriks and Burr to shoulder the blame. It’s for their manager to assign blame where due. This will be a good test of team resolve. I’ll leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment