Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Gifts

I received not one but two White Sox team autographed balls for Christmas, 1970 and 1980. Talk about happy. Anytime I can collect a Walt Williams’ autograph is cause for celebration. Mission accomplished, 1970. Throw in Luke Appling (coach) with Luis Aparicio and Bart Johnson, well, it’s a very merry Christmas. Did I mention John Matias? I’m looking to mark my life, at least in part, with autographed baseballs this way. In this case, high school graduation and marriage. I can hear the wedding bells ring by reading off the names of Mike Proly; Leo Sutherland; Ed Farmer; and Todd Cruz. We’re living in the apartment again, and… I’m also toying with the idea of doing a family tree with autographed balls, starting with my parents marriage in 1939 (Think Appling and Ted Lyons). My sisters Barb and Betty were born in 1942 and ’46, respectively, so that means more Appling and Lyons, with maybe Dario Lodgiani and Hal Trosky. Clare will mean Frank Thomas and….

No comments:

Post a Comment