Thursday, June 15, 2023

My Rebuild

Last night at Dodger Stadium, Jake Burger hit two homeruns, or, one fewer in one game than Yoan Moncada has hit all season. Burger’s first homer gave the Sox the lead, his second tied the game in the eighth inning as the White Sox rallied from a 4-2 deficit for an 8-4 win. There’s speculation Moncada is headed for the IL. Gosh, who knew? I wonder what’s wrong. It can’t possibly be his back. Just because he’s hitting .232 doesn’t mean there’s something wrong, right? To my way of thinking, it doesn’t matter if Moncada is healthy or not. He’s simply not the answer at third base; Burger is. If it were up to me, I’d redefine the team core as Burger; Dylan Cease; Garrett Crochet; Lucas Giolito; Michael Kopech; Eloy Jimenez; and Luis Robert. Andrew Benintendi you’re stuck with because of his contract (and he does get on base). Everyone else outside of Liam Hendriks, I’d try to move, and that includes Tim Anderson. But what do I know? I root for the White Sox.

No comments:

Post a Comment