Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Stop Me If You’ve Heard This One Before

The White Sox lost, again, 7-0 to the Twins; nineteenth time in 21 games, the worst start in team history. The Sox got shut out again, eighth time in 21 games, an MLB first since 1901. Players are starting to throw to the wrong base, a lot, leading to questions about accountability. Sox manager Mickey Mouse channeled his inner Jim Boylen before this latest loss to respond, “I truly care about our fans. But I’m not going to throw out there anything that I speak to our players as individuals or as a team. I’m just not going to do it. That’s how I choose to lead. That’s how I choose to run this club.” [story in today’s Sun-Times] But not for long, I’d say. After watching his team roll over, again, Mouse had more wisdom a la Boylen to dispense: “Today we got our ass kicked. You go home and you reflect and tomorrow is a new day. You can only learn from today and then tomorrow you start the day and that’s it. This day is over.” [story on team website today] But we won’t know what exactly has been learned because that’s private, right? Oh, well. Danny Mendick was called up from Triple-A Charlotte and had a nice game, with two hits and a plus-play at third base. And I got to watch my grandson hit off a tee while the game was on. He made better contact than Andrew Vaughn, Andrew Benintendi and most every player on the Sox roster.

No comments:

Post a Comment