Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Just Like Old Times


Growing up, I rooted so hard for the White Sox that, come World Series time, it was impossible for me to be for the American League, which basically meant the Yankees of Mantle and company.  That changed only after I became friends with an obnoxious National Leaguer.  Nothing like being subjected to someone endlessly extolling the virtues of Sandy Koufax to make those Robinson boys, Brooks and Frank, look good.

Last night, I turned into a kid again during game one of the Series, Giants vs. Royals.  Hey, James Shields, can’t get the ball over the plate?  Oh, right, you’re not facing the Sox.  Hey, Nori Aoki, can’t hit, can’t field?  Oh, right, you’re not playing the ChiSox.  Hey, Kansas City, get your collective heads out of your butts.  I’ve got a pizza riding on the Series with that obnoxious National Leaguer from years ago.

If things don’t improve by tonight, I may be hoping for a San Francisco sweep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment