Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Clueless


Derrick Rose addressed the media for the first time since his meniscus repair February 27.  Rose was doing better incommunicado.

The enigma from Englewood said that, unlike Bulls’ management, he had no timetable for his return.  No, instead, the injured guard is “thinking about getting the most out of every day.”  Peace of mind has come from giving his life over to God.  That’s what the man said.

And this, too: “I’m just trying to take my time, listen to my body, cheer on my teammates while I’m out, just try to better myself as a person, a basketball player, a businessman and a teammate.”  He might want to check on the value of that Derrick Rose brand right not.  On second thought, he might not want to know.

Clare spent the weekend freezing in Ft. Collins, Colorado.  My daughter is coming to grips with the fact she’s stuck in the dugout, at least as far as college softball is concerned.  If the devil is looking to make a tempting deal, he could do worse than offer Little Hurt a few more years of eligibility, for there are those in life with a talent but nowhere to practice it.

To say nothing of millionaire athletes both talented and clueless.

No comments:

Post a Comment