Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Player's Remorse


Yesterday, former Steelers’ receiver Antwaan Randle El told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that, at the age of 36, he sometimes has to go down stairs sideways and has memory problems.  As for regrets over his choice of sports, Randle El said, “If I could go back, I wouldn’t” play the game that made him famous.  A 14th round draft choice of the Cubs in 1997, Randle realizes he “could still be playing baseball.”

I wonder if baseball is listening.  Randle El regrets the choice he made as an athlete.  Does Brian Jordan, who was a Pro Bowl alternate at safety for the Falcons only to walk away for baseball?  I doubt it, not if a 15-year career with over 800 rbi’s means anything.  MLB is forever talking about making baseball relevant again to African-Americans.  But would the commissioner dare include the stories of Antwaan Randle El and Brian Jordan?  I would.   

No comments:

Post a Comment