Saturday, March 4, 2017

Addition through Subtraction


I called Clare at work yesterday afternoon to play a little game of Guess Who, as in “Guess who the White Sox just released?”  With the slightest of hints (“I may be more excited about it than you”), she got it on the first try, “Brett Lawrie.”  So, goodbye, Mr. Fang Mouth-guard.  Here’s hoping everything gets “aligned” before you run out of teams willing to take a chance on a player who marches to the beat of an awfully strange drum.

While we were talking, Clare let me know she thought I was all wrong about players being musclebound.  My daughter explained how baseball is an “explosive” sport where players need “dynamic” muscles to rise to the sudden occasion.  Or was it a dynamic sport and explosive muscles?  Anyway, I’m just happy Clare actually went to class and paid attention.  Of course, she’ll never know as much as her old man, but who does?

No comments:

Post a Comment