Sunday, March 10, 2019

Grumpy Old Man


I hit the magazine rack at Barnes and Noble today for my baseball magazines, and let me offer these words of warning: don’t confuse baseball with baseball fantasy, other than being an Orioles’ fan dreaming of the postseason.

 

Standing in line to pay, I was reminded yet again how much I miss Who’s Who in Baseball, and I didn’t even like it all that much.  But after the Baseball Register stopped publishing, Who’s Who was my default reference guide.  What has it been now, three years since Who’s Who went bye-bye?

 

Sorry, nothing online competes.  Yes, baseball-reference.com basically has the same information, once you start clicking; with the Baseball Register especially, it was all there at your fingertips.  And I have yet to see trips to the DL noted, and I never once had a hardcopy lose power.  Get wet, yes, but not go blank.  And even getting wet wasn’t the catastrophe it can be for our electronic devices.

 

So, allow me to be a little grumpy on this cold, gray Sunday in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment