Monday, July 19, 2021

Ask, and Ye Shall Receive

I wanted a series win against the Astros, and I got a series win against the Astros, thanks to Carlos Rodon’s seven shutout innings part of a 4-0 taming of Houston. The Astros managed all of one run and five hits in their two losses on the South Side. Danny Mendick singled in a run and scored a run. Tim Anderson has regained his swagger, collecting six hits in the series, including his eighth homerun of the season yesterday. Adam Engel had two hits, and Yoan Moncada homered from the right side. The nagging White Sox fan in me wonders if the Sox will sign Rodon in the offseason. Right now, he’s 8-3 with a 2.14 ERA and 140 strikeouts in 96.2 innings and Scott Boras for an agent. I won’t hold my breath, and I’ll look up the Serenity Prayer for its exact wording. I was a very young Sox fan a lifetime ago in 1970. That team won its 56th and final game of the season on September 25th. This Sox team won its 56th game on July 19th. That means they’d have to go on a 2-1/2 month long losing streak to match the 1970 won-loss record. I’m hoping and guessing they won’t do that. Heck, I’m almost confident they won’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment