Sunday, July 4, 2021

Hand to Head, Scratch Vigorously

Going into yesterday’s game at Detroit, Gavin Sheets had all of four games in the major leagues. So, why not bat the left-handed hitting rookie second against lefty Tarik Skubal? To me, it’s a dumb move, but who am I? Sheets went 0-for-3 with a walk, by the way. Dallas Keuchel coughed up a two-run lead in the fourth, then was given a two-run lead going into the bottom of the fifth. Keuchel proceeded to put five straight batters on, four via singles and one on a walk; two of the singles were on the first pitch, two on 1-0 counts, by the way. Goodbye, two-run lead, goodbye, five-game winning streak. Why the White Sox carry fifty or so pitchers is beyond me. Why have a bullpen if you’re not going to use it when necessary? Keuchel giving up one hit after another in the fifth would be a good sign to change pitchers, or would’ve been to me. But who am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment