Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Do As I Say—

Not as I do. Because only an idiot would stay up late to watch the White Sox-Mariners’ game, like I did last night. Johnny Cueto did not deserve to lose on account of one run over six innings; maybe if Yoan Moncada knew how to apply a tag at third base it would’ve been no runs. And bless Jimmy Lambert for bailing Cueto out of a two-on, nobody-out situation in the seventh inning. But Sox hitters, forget about. A.J. Pollock reverted to his “What do I do with this bat in my hand?” approach to hitting, as in 0-for-4, two strikeouts and six runners left on base. Yasmani Grandal, on the other hand, was himself, with a walk and three strikeouts. The game was 1-0 Seattle going into the bottom of the eighth, then 1-0 with two out and nobody on in the bottom of the eighth. That’s when Reynaldo Lopez lost focus, issuing a walk ahead of a two-run homerun to Cal Raleigh. Final score, Mariners 3 Sox 0. That was something I didn’t need to stay up for. Lesson learned. Anyhow, today’s a day game.

No comments:

Post a Comment