Friday, February 16, 2024

Uniform Appeal

Apparently, players are upset with some kind of new uniform MLB is introducing. It’s all about the fit, or lack thereof. I’m so behind the times on “merch” matters that I belong in a museum. Me, I don’t want to see the White Sox in new uniforms. Some old ones, that’s a different story. I read somewhere that the Sox may have changed uniform styles more than any other major-league team. I’d settle on any of these three: the early 1930s, with S-O-X spelled out on a slant, the letters connected by a bat and a ball filling up the inside of the O; the late 1930s, with the O and X fitting inside the loops of a supersized S; or the 1950s, with the Old English S-O-X and blue pinstripes. I could go to war in any of those. Unlike my daughter, I hate the candy-bar wrapper design from the 1980s. That’s the one Chris Sale cut up with scissors rather than wear. Smart man, that Sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment