Saturday, September 7, 2024

Friday Night Lights and the Green Monster

I spent last night watching my son-in-law coach his high school football team to a 31-0 nonconference win. Or I should say I caught glimpses of the game while chasing my grandson around the endzone seating. Words on my tombstone: Grandpa, chase me! So, I didn’t get to see the Sad Sox lose for the 110th time this season, 3-1 in Boston, until I fast-forwarded through TIVO. Yeah, somebody for the Red Sox put a ball over the Green Monster to make the difference. What new? Davis Martin pitched well again. In his last seven starts totaling 35.2 innings, Davis 3.28 ERA and 1.21 WHIP. The twelve walks are a little concerning, but the performance is still noteworthy. So, too, how manager Mickey Sizemore is handling Bryan Ramos, called up to replace an injured Brooks Baldwin—two games glued to the bench. Yeah, that’s what White Sox fans want to see, if Lenyn will ever crack .225. Move over, Amazin’ Mets.

No comments:

Post a Comment