Sunday, March 11, 2018

Past, Present and Future


Yesterday, during her Saturday class at Northwestern (continuing ed being one of the perks of working for Chicago’s Big 10 school) and lunch, Clare and I texted over the state of White Sox prospect Louis Robert.  My daughter can’t figure out how Robert sprained his thumb on a feet-first slide into second base.  Neither can I.

Last night, I called to tell her I saw the video of Robert injuring himself, which induced more head-scratching.  We also discussed Eloy Jimenez, acquired by the Sox in the Jose Quintana deal; Jimenez pinch-hit a two-run homer on an 0-2 count with two out in the eighth inning for his new team against his old team, a sure way to become a fan favorite on the South Side.  Then we talked about a couple of other things, one of which may have been about today.

As soon as I finish here, I’ll be driving Michele to Clare’s first wedding shower.  However did this happen?  But it has, and I’m thankful for the way everything has come together, like a rebuild only infinitely better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment