Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Over/Under Russo

For the life of me, I can’t figure how Chris Russo has a job in sports’ media. If Russo qualifies in any way as a journalist, then I’m a brain surgeon. The mute button was made for this man. So was the remote. Back in July, I happened on Russo giving his overs and unders for the upcoming baseball season. Of course, he went under on the White Sox at 31.5. Why? Because “When a team is beloved, go the other way.” Good thing Russo didn’t say, “Numbers don’t lie.” Because, if he did, then he’d have to explain how the Sox got to be 26-15, for the third-best mark in baseball. Worse yet, the small-market Rays check in at a second-best 28-14, well ahead of the increasingly hapless 21-20 Yankees and the circling-the-drain, 14-28 Red Sox. For the broadcast powers that be, the 30-12 Dodgers had better not stumble. That’s exactly what I’m hoping for, along with Chris Russo keeping his mouth shut.

No comments:

Post a Comment