Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Pick Your Posion

If I were a Bears’ fan the way I’m a White Sox fan, right about now I’d be asking a loved one to hide all the sharp objects in the house. I wouldn’t be able to take how Bears’ GM Ryan Pace thinks solving a problem is the same as hiring John Fox or Matt Nagy or drafting Mitch Trubisky. And I wouldn’t be able to take how Pace also creates a problem where there is none; see Robbie Gould and all the non-kickers who’ve followed in his wake. But I am a Sox first. Who opens the season under center Sunday worries me less than the Sox bullpen. Jimmy Cordero in the bottom of the ninth with the bases loaded? Fielding a comebacker? Throwing the ball to Yasmani “Clank” Grandal? Missing a chance to put distance between us and Cleveland and Minnesota? That’s reason enough to ask a loved one to hide the sharp objects.

No comments:

Post a Comment