Wednesday, June 22, 2022

This, That and the Other

Not long ago, I suggested this Josh Harrison wasn’t that one, the second baseman who twice made the All-Star team with the Pirates back in the day. For this week, at least, I stand corrected. For the second straight night, Harrison again starred in the field and at the plate. He made a great catch in the top of the ninth inning to save a run and drove in the winning run with a two-out single in the bottom of the twelfth. For what it’s worth, the White Sox are now a .500 team. And Dylan Cease is what, exactly? Everybody I read today has only the highest praise for Cease’s six-inning, eleven-strikeout performance, or everyone but me. Yes, six shutout innings are great, but Cease needed 101 pitches to get there. If he goes seven, Tony La Russa might not be tempted to use two rookie relievers the way he did, to turn a 2-0 lead into a 4-2 deficit heading into the bottom of the ninth. But all’s well that ends well, even if I’m walking around like a zombie for staying up to watch all 4:23 of the game. I wonder what it would be like to root for a team that’s above .500?

No comments:

Post a Comment