Wednesday, March 13, 2024

The Mouse That Roared

White Sox manager Mickey Mouse grew testy yesterday when a reporter asked him about Dylan Cease being on the team’s Opening Day roster: “I don’t know. I mean how am I supposed to know that?” [mlb.com/video/pedro-grifol-addresses-dylan-cease-trade-rumors]. Mouse continued along this vein with, “ I don’t know where other teams are, what their urgency is. I have no idea. I leave that to our major-league scouts, our general manager, the front office.” Mickey, what you should have said was, “All I know is I want him here, but it’s not up to me,” and change the subject. I wouldn’t compliment Cease the odd way you did, by saying, “He is where his feet are,” then adding, “I am where my feet are.” Last time I checked, that was true for anyone not the victim of some terrible injury. Cease struck out eight Reds last night over 3.1 innings. A 14-1 win puts the Sox spring record at 5-13. So, obviously, trading Cease would solve all the team’s problems A humbler suggestion for GM Chris Getz, if I might: Make it a monster deal, with Yoan Moncada and/or Michael Kopech part of the mix. And keep working on that list of candidates to replace Mouse, who doesn’t sound long for the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment