Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Duck!

With baby Maeve coming home from the hospital last Friday, we’ve been on grandparent duty this week, which in my case means throwing lots of batting practice to Leo. At three years and two months, my grandson wouldn’t seem to be much of a threat at the plate, but that’s just what he wants you to think. Swing and miss, I take a step closer to make my next pitch. Swing and miss, another step in, then another, then…Whack! A line drive to the head. Repeat. And a couple of minutes later, Whack! again, followed by the second stern lecture on why it’s not funny to hit someone in the head, “Do you understand?” I doubt it. So it falls on me to stay back and try to find Leo’s sweet spot, which will allow me to be in position to field any comebackers. Still, the kid shouldn’t be able to hit a wiffle ball so hard, not at three years and two months.

No comments:

Post a Comment