Sunday, May 28, 2017

Lunch


Clare told me that Euks, her high school softball coach, texted her that he wants to have lunch with me.  I don’t text for reasons of conscience.

As I’ve said, Euks is a wonderful human being, even though he came into this world wearing a Cubs’ hat in the delivery room; some things in life you just have to ignore.  From what I gather, he wants to go to Freddie’s on 16th Street in Cicero.  This is the kind of place “progressive” people try to feel comfortable in while everyone around them are dropping their Gs or speaking ill of Democrats. The nervous glances among the well-dressed are a dead giveaway.

That, and an inability to join in on the sports’ talk: Yeah, well the Cubs suck.  No, your Sox do.  No, the Bulls.  Wait, the Bears.  It’s the language of true Chicagoans.

No comments:

Post a Comment