Saturday, May 20, 2017

Updates


This is a sure sign I’m on the threshold of advanced middle age:  The White Sox are playing on the West Coast, and I’m in bed at 11.  They blow the lead in the 11th Tuesday night to lose to the Angels?  I didn’t find out until I checked on the computer late Wednesday morning (because the soon-to-be-extinct hardcopy sports’ sections can’t be bothered with West Coast scores).  They hit three homers to tie it up against the Mariners only to lose with two out in the bottom of the ninth on Thursday?  I was under the covers when Dan Jennings was showing why he ought to get his ticket punched to Triple A.

Ah, but my poor daughter, child of social media that she is.  Clare told me that when she woke up Thursday for work, “I had fifteen updates on my phone,” which will happen when your team coughs up 12 runs while scoring eight against the Halos.  Sometimes, ignorance really is bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment