Saturday, June 16, 2018

No Meal for You


For the past week or so, the White Sox have been auctioning off stuff to raise funds for their charity.  The team works very hard at projecting a generous, caring image, the business with a heart, if you will; they’re just not good corporate citizens.  Me, I’d want them off the public dime, have them pay for their own stadium and budget away the money for property tax in the same way so many of their fans do.  But I digress.

Among the auction offerings was a lunch or dinner with general manager Rick Hahn.  Clare told Michele, “I’d bid on it, but I wouldn’t have the money left to bail Dad out of jail.”  I’m shocked and disappointed that my daughter has such a low opinion of me, so close to Father’s Day, no less.  Why, I’d be a model of South Side decorum and use all of my silverware as intended.
Of course, that could change depending on Hahn’s answer to my questions, like why do you sign 30-year old players for your AAA team instead of promoting the supposed talent you’ve been collecting, and did you know what you were getting when you traded away Chris Sale, and….

No comments:

Post a Comment