Friday, November 23, 2018

Grumpy Old Man in Victory


I may as well be the grumpy old man Carl in UP; that’s how I felt watching the Bears beat the Lions 23-16 yesterday afternoon.  Oh, I loved the final score and how career backup quarterback Chase Daniel threw for two touchdowns and safety Eddie Jackson had his second pick-six in four days.  I just can’t stand the after-touchdown productions.  If I have it right, there was the sleeping child, a Motown group impression and a gym class.  Please.

No, I didn’t like “The Super Bowl Shuffle,” and I don’t like this.  Give me Walter Payton, who believed in acting like you’d been in the end zone before and intended to visit again.  Payton understood that what counts is the scoring, not the production afterwards.     

No comments:

Post a Comment