Saturday, November 10, 2018

In Your Dreams


I swear to God this happened.  Thursday night I dreamed the White Sox hired a female scout; what stood out to me is that it wasn’t Clare.  Then, yesterday morning, I read in The Athletic that the Sox have as many as 51 scouts in their employ.  And not one of them is a woman, I’ll bet.

Wait, it gets better.  My daughter has recently become acquainted with two women who’ve worked for MLB teams; according to Clare, both people found it to be a frustrating experience.  It seems that they were relegated to the bread/circus/charity end of the business while they were hoping to be more involved with the baseball playing and talent side.  Oh, well.
When Clare heard about the dream, she asked if she could be the one hired next time.  That’s about the only way women are going to get ahead in baseball.

No comments:

Post a Comment