Friday, August 2, 2019

You Can Bet on It


The cable channel that carries Blackhawks, Bulls and White Sox games will now carry a daily, four-hour sports’ betting show.  Words fail me, almost.


I hate taxes as much as the next guy, but I’d rather give my money to fund a government program purportedly for the public good than throw money down the rat hole of  sports’ gambling.  Instead of four hours, the program could be reduced to this crawler, to be run 24/7:  If the odds are against the house and in your favor so much, how come the house never goes broke?


A show like this needs a snappy title, something along the lines of Blackjack/Black Sox.  I’d be willing to bet they won’t go in that direction, though.  In that case, maybe they could have Pete Rose as a guest or, better yet, a host.  If baseball is going to turn a blind eye to gambling, Charlie Hustle deserves to be cut in on the action.    

No comments:

Post a Comment