Wednesday, March 4, 2020

What, Me Worry?


What is it about the White Sox and pitchers who always look on the sunny side?  First, it was Jacob Turner, then Carson Fulmer, and, now it looks to be Reynaldo Lopez.  Why, oh why?

 

Lopez made his spring debut yesterday and needed 61 pitches to get nine outs.  Three hits, three walks and two wild pitches wouldn’t make me a happy camper, but Lopez felt differently.  “I liked all my pitches,” he told reporters through an interpreter after the game, “they were all good.”  In that case, how come thirty of them went for balls?  Or maybe we were supposed to figure out for ourselves what those pitches were good for.

 

Lopez says, “My goal right now or my focus is in my work.”  Lopez admits to losing focus at times last year, and focus is “something that’s going to be the key for me to have success this year.”

 

Hmm.  He threw 61 pitches, barely half of them for strikes.  If this is focus, I’d hate to see the lack thereof.

No comments:

Post a Comment