Friday, August 7, 2020

The Kids are Alright, I Hope


I’m not quite ready to jump on the White Sox bandwagon or explain why; that can wait a day or two.  But I will talk about two of my favorite players, both of whom were judged unworthy of staying around to see the Sox rebuild through.

 

Matt Davidson, the dreamy one who crushed changeups more than fastballs, was let go by the Sox after the 2018 season.  After spending last year in the Rangers’ organization, Davidson made the Reds this year.  He pitched last night.  That’s right.  Matt Davidson pitched, again.  Three times with the Sox in ’18 and now once with Cincinnati for four innings total and not one run scored.  Keep it up, my boy, keep it up, and maybe they’ll pitch you in a game when it counts.  Fingers crossed.

 

Same goes for Daniel Palka, released by the Sox on my birthday last month.  The plucky Palka has signed on with a Korean team and will actually be taking the place of an injured Tyler Saladino.  Talk about weird karma. 

 

Personally, I think Daniel should’ve stuck around in the States.  With all the NL teams just now shifting to the DH, he would’ve been an intriguing option, or so I think.  But maybe he can hit ten homers over there in August and sign with another ML team next year.  Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment