Saturday, November 22, 2014

Déjà vu


Clare went hitting yesterday, in part because she wanted to and in part for a class assignment on risk assessment; the hitter put down her bat long enough to take pictures of possible problem areas around the facility.  At some point she and her old hitting coach also talked philosophy.  The Valpo coach employs an approach different from her volunteer.

That discussion carried over into our kitchen, with Clare demonstrating respective approaches.  Just let’s say my daughter believes in a more fluid stance and swing.  Watching this budding coach act out her swing between the kitchen sink and the refrigerator, I thought of all the other times I’d seen her do that, in one room or another, one field or another.  And here we were again, in the start of my daughter’s 24th year.
I don’t ever want it to stop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment