Wednesday, February 25, 2015

The Sunshine State


Guess who said, “If I can’t go to Florida next spring, you can’t either” when I broached the subject last fall.  Hint:  It wasn’t me.  Guess who’s going to Florida the week after next.  Not me.

But johnny-on-the-spot Clare the softball-team G.A. will, after turning an Arkansas lemon into the sweetest Florida lemonade this side of the snow belt.  The weather in Arkansas is so bad that by Monday they had already cancelled the Friday tournament in Fayettville AR.  The new G.A. was then given the job of trolling the Internet to find a replacement, which she did in good ol’ Kissimmee, where some CCIW teams have been known to play.  In fact, Kissimmee and the Bluejays’ stomping grounds at Orlando are pretty close, but Valpo will be in town a week ahead of Elmhurst.

The girl won’t get to play or visit former teammates, but she will get to soak up the sun, which is more than you can say for me.    

No comments:

Post a Comment