Tuesday, June 21, 2016

King James


LeBron James proved Sunday night that finesse and muscle will beat finesse alone, at least in June 2016.  So, the Cavaliers are the NBA champs, and a 62-year drought ends in Cleveland.  Good.

James has three championship rings now to Michael Jordan’s six.  Put a gun to my head and ask me who’s the better player, I’d probably say Jordan, though by less and less.  Ask me who the better person is and it’s James, hands down.  There’s a meanness to Jordan on and off the court that seems to have escaped James entirely.  If I’m trying to get into that lifeboat, Michael just might let the sharks decide first.  LeBron would offer me his hand, I think.

For an athlete, a super athlete formerly with entourage and bling and advisors, James has matured into a thoughtful 31-year old who has opinions he’s willing to expresses, and they concern the same things we all talk about around the dinner table.  My guess is James could run for public office once his playing career ends.  The only question is where does he start, mayor of Cleveland or governor of Ohio?  Either way, I wouldn’t want to be a Republican on the receiving end of that charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment