Monday, September 5, 2016

A Class Organization


Just when I’m ready to declare the White Sox the worst sports’ franchise in Chicago for ever so many reasons, along come the Bears to remind me otherwise.  This is a team that hates its best players—Gayle Sayers, Dick Butkus, Mike Ditka, Brian Urlacher and now kicker Robbie Gould.   The team’s all-time scoring leader, whose 85.449% accuracy rate ranks ninth all-time in the NFL, spent 11 years with the team, but two missed PATs in the preseason and a $4.1 million salary that would’ve kicked in had Gould made the team led the Bears to act.  Hope the new guy is as good kicking in the tornado known as Soldier Field as Gould was.

Gould is 34 and could kick another ten years.  I hope he does, and I hope Bears’ fans see how their team treats great players, as opposed to other organizations.  As much as I might hate to say it, the Sox were first class with Paul Konerko.

First class?  The Bears?  I don’t think so, not ever.   

No comments:

Post a Comment