Sunday, September 11, 2016

Nine Hits in Three Games, Another Opening Sunday


 Tyler Saladino went three for four again last night from the nine spot in the batting order, in case anyone cared to sift through the college football news and NFL predictions.  I did.  Way to go, Tyler.

After my in-season morning ritual of Fiber One and the box scores (eat one, read the other), I dragged the dog for her walk; she’s a basset hound, that’s how it works.  Our neighbor across the street, who happens to be Puerto Rican, was out taking pictures of his front porch; I imagine they went on Facebook.  He has these two cement lions, one for each porch pedestal at the base of the stairs.  They’re adorned with Bears’ scarves every game day.  The irony here is that the most unworthy professional sports’ team in the city has the widest demographic draw.  Go figure.
On Friday, the White Sox had their annual “Half Way to St. Patrick’s Day” promotion.  Without forgetting the last syllable in my family name, I second that emotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment