Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Headscratchers


First, will someone tell me why a baseball club would share Opening Day with football players, even if it is Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski at Fenway Park?  They want to attend the game, fine, but they don’t get on the field.  I sure wouldn’t want a Bear running around Guaranteed Rate Field (!), and thank goodness, neither did the White Sox yesterday.

Second, is it me, or were the NCAA and CBS complicit in exposing Gonzaga and North Carolina players to injury throughout the men’s basketball finals’ game last night at the University of Phoenix Stadium?  From what I could see, the court was elevated two-three feet above the first row of seats.  Maybe they don’t hustle as much in college, but NBA players go crashing into the seats all the time while going after loose balls; now imagine them falling off a cliff as well.  I don’t want to see anyone injured, but I sure wish the powers that be had been taken to court, both literally and figuratively, on this.   

No comments:

Post a Comment