Saturday, April 8, 2017

Words of Wisdom


Before yesterday’s game against the Twins, a Sun-Times’ reporter asked White Sox rookie infielder Matt Davidson why he wasn’t watching the Masters’ golf tournament on the TV; Davidson had opted for a ballgame instead.  Said the rookie, wise beyond his 26 years:  “I don’t watch golf.  That thing bores me to death.”

Indeed.  Nothing like seeing a tiny white speck against a blue sky, hour after hour.  To me, all golf courses look alike, I don’t care how hard the par-5 seventh hole at Blah-blah-blah is.  Of course, baseball critics say pretty much the same thing, except the white speck comes off as a little bigger onscreen.  But you know what?  They can have Augusta and the green jacket and the old-boys’ misogyny.  Give me Fenway any day.  With Chris Sale on the mound, the place is electric.  Fore!

No comments:

Post a Comment