Saturday, December 22, 2018

Your MLB Update


I was inching through traffic last night after picking up Michele at the Metra station in Oak Park.  It was cold, dark and four days from Christmas, the perfect time for a little baseball

My daughter accommodated by texting Michele, Tell Dad the Dodgers traded [outfielder Yasiel] Puig.  Hmm, I thought, my latent road rage tamped down by the news.  Whatever could that be about?  Back home in the shower [one bathroom, family peace maintained for over three decades by my showering late afternoon or early evening], I had the rest of the trade relayed to me:  Puig, outfielder Matt Kemp and pitcher Alex Wood for starter Homer Bailey and two prospects; sprinkle money as needed to facilitate transaction.  The Dodgers sent along a reported $7 million.
And why should any of the above be of interest to a White Sox fan?  Why, the Dodgers could be clearing salary and opening a position for free agent Bryce Harper.  And, if they’re not, who cares?  On the shortest day of the year, the hot stove league brings relief from winter’s icy touch.  Works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment