Friday, November 27, 2020

The Times that Try

My very special Thanksgiving Day treat yesterday was to find out I tested positive for COVID-19. My symptoms started five days ago, so all I have to do is avoid the emergency room for another nine days. So far, so good. The dog can’t figure out why all of a sudden I’m not taking her for her walk or why Michele and I are sleeping in separate beds, although she doesn’t mind jumping up into Michele’s bed. I only venture out to clean the yard. If I cared about college football, this would be a great weekend to sit in front of the TV. I guess I care enough to at least tune in to the Northwestern game. As for everyone else, I don’t want to see Ohio State break a hundred points against Illinois. I wouldn’t wish that on anyone, even Lovie Smith. Of course, the one thing that could really send me into collapse would be Matt Nagy. Just a little over forty-eight hours to game time, and Coach won’t commit to a starting quarterback against Greenbay. Big-boy pants, Matt. Right now, I’m wearing them, and you should be, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment