Saturday, December 11, 2021

GIfts

The Princess, aka my daughter, says she can’t wear wool because it irritates her delicate skin. So, off we went to the mall this morning to exchange all the wool and shop for other things. I liked it better when I ran otu to Sports Authority and picked up some batting gloves for her. Speaking of gifts, I was probably lucky to buy that negative of Minnie Minoso when I did back in November; now, everything Minoso comes with a HOF surcharge attached. I gave the negative to said Princess, who will have it developed into an 8”x”10” for me. It’s a head shot of Minoso striking for its introspection. This is the ballplayer caught in an unguarded moment. I have a baseball with Minoso’s autograph on it, right next to one from Luke Appling, with Walt Williams’ and Billy Pierce’s to the left of “Luke.” Hoyt Wilhelm, Luis Aparicio and Moose Skowron all share a panel of their own; as ever Bill Veeck is off by himself. I need to get Paul Konerko’s someday. What a gift that would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment