Monday, October 24, 2022

On the One Hand/On the Other

First and foremost, the Yankees won’t be going to the World Series. I’ll leave it to Chris Russo to add the dagger, “again.” I wonder if it’s a day of mourning throughout the state of New Jersey? My notion of a well-built baseball roster definitely would not be the Yankees, not with all the thirty-year old players they have. Then again, I wouldn’t pick the Phillies, either. Bryce Harper has always struck me as nice, but overrated and overpaid, talent. The same goes for J.T. Realmuto while Nick Castellanos is just overrated. But not this year. This is the kind of team Kenny Williams always tried to put together, if on the cheap. Take a gamble; spend the money; and it works. Once in a while, at least. If I were the Yankees, I’d want to know what paying Gerrit Cole $324 million got me. Calling Scott Boras. And I see that baseball-reference.com gives Mr. Castellanos a --0.1 WAR on the regular season. What would his agent say to that? Then again, Castellanos hit well against Atlanta in the NLDS. Go figure. Then sit back and enjoy a World Series that promises to stretch into November. Brrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment