Wednesday, July 29, 2026
Patience
It’s hard to be patient after enduring three straight seasons of the White Sox losing 100-plus games a year. Finally, they’re winning more than losing, and I want more. But how realistic is that?
Nobody expected the Sox to be four games over .500 at the end of July. I could make an argument there isn’t one set position outside of right field, where Braden Montgomery plays. And yet a bunch of guys who may or may not be on the South Side have their team in first place in the AL Central, this despite losing again to the Yankees last night, 3-2. The game was not as close as the score might indicate.
That’s because the Sox were shut out for 8.2 innings, when Chase Meidroth—keep at second, move to another position or trade?—hit a two-run homerun, bringing up Everson Pereira as a last hope. Need I say more?
Anthony Kay had one bad inning that proved baseball truly is a game of inches. Tristan Peters almost made a great catch crashing into the wall in center field, Max Schuemann bounced a ball over a drawn-in infield. Instead of zero runs, it’s three runs. And, if the middle of the order doesn’t produce…Well, I’ve said enough about that.
So, I’ll try to be patient and cross my fingers that the Sox can go last-to-first. But it would be silly to expect them to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment