Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Reconnoiter


With November 1st temperatures in the mid-70s plus the Cubs in the World Series plus the presidential election next week, these could be end times, give or take a meteor.  What better time for a bike ride along the lakefront?

I did twenty miles each way, going far into enemy territory north of Madison Street.  But, despite the May-like temperatures and blue skis, traffic along the trail was pretty light.  I spotted a sprinkling of Cub hats and a few t-shirts, and that was it.  Oh, and one White Sox t, which didn’t happen to belong to me.  Maybe everybody took the day off to get ready for game six in Cleveland.  In that case, thank you.  Or there may have been a mass rally somewhere, in which case I’m glad I missed it.  You wouldn’t want my bad karma mixing in with all that hope, or desperation.       

No comments:

Post a Comment