Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Check Your Monthly Calendar


Because I am the kind of husband who cares what his spouse wears (and because my wife likes to take a week off of work every January), I found myself leafing through a magazine while Michele tried on clothes at Talbots earlier today.  Imagine my surprise to find that a magazine named for the pricey Chicago suburb of Hinsdale, not too far from where we were shopping.

 

I happened on the things-to-do calendar for January, you know, the fundraiser for wayward polo ponies and homeless Picassos, that sort of thing.  Lo and behold, they had the Cubs Convention listed, but not SoxFest.  This struck me as interesting for two reasons, the first being the Sox-Hinsdale connection.

Both the Comiskey and Veeck families lived there at one time, so you’d think that might be enough to get SoxFest on the calendar, but no.  Which leads me to think that a certain group of people (think very, very well-to-do) consider one and only one Chicago ball club to be properly posh.  Oh, well.      

No comments:

Post a Comment