Thursday, May 28, 2020

Say What?


Listening to Hawk Harrelson on the TV led me to embrace the mute button on the remote years ago.  It drives Michele nuts.  She’ll walk into the living room, and there I am watching a picture without sound.  I like it that way, although she may have a point that it doesn’t much sense with the news on.

 

Maybe it’s a bad habit, maybe not, but I doubt I’ll be breaking it either way if and when baseball comes back.  So, I won’t likely be hearing all those National League announcers try to come to terms with the advent of the DH in their league.  This seems to be the one change owners and players will agree on for 2020.  And I doubt players will want to give it back come 2021 and beyond.

 

So, adieu, Joe Maddon batting his pitchers in the eight-spot, and goodbye, all you starting pitchers imitating a statue in the batter’s box.  Did I say “goodbye”?  I meant “good riddance.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment