Thursday, August 12, 2021

Did I Say Ghosts?

Yeah, there were ghosts floating around Target Field the last two games, of the Go-Go White Sox from the 1950s and ’60s, only they didn’t take over anyone in a Sox uniform. It was the Twins showing how to win a one-run game, 1-0 this time, on a homerun by Jorge Polanco. Somehow, I doubt Al Lopez would have the same faith in reliever Jose Ruiz that Tony La Russa does. With yesterday’s homer, Ruiz has given up seven long balls in just 45.1 innings of work. So, now onto the cornfields of northeastern Iowa where MLB has concocted an event to pull at the heartstrings if not the wallet, and vice versa. I intend to watch this game with my daughter and grandson. Those are the people who count. One I’ve played catch with, the other I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment