Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Change in the Air?

Is it possible the White Sox are finally reaching rock bottom after yesterday’s 5-1 loss to the Blue Jays? I hope so. Before the game, manager Mickey Mouse told reporters, “I’m doubling down on what I said yesterday, OK?” [quote from story today on team website] But since Mouse’s initial “f****** flat” comment after Sunday’s game (which the Sox lost by two fewer runs), four players have publicly disagreed with their manager, to one degree or another. Garrett Crochet, Korey Lee, Gavin Sheets and Nickey Lopez have all come out to defend team effort. Long story short, Mouse is losing, if he hasn’t already lost, the clubhouse. Tough to get a publicly-funded stadium when that happens. Tougher yet when your team slips to 15-40, the worst-ever start in team history and one game worse than the ’62 Mets, even. In the words of Lee Dorsey and Devo--Lord, I'm so tired/How long can this go on[?] I may be wrong here, but I things are about to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment